Halfway through summer, with drinks and lunch taken street-side and in gardens. These recipes are selected to help you enjoy the sunshine…
200ml white rum
150ml lime juice
4tbsp caster sugar
- Mash the strawberries, then put in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and the remaining ingredients.
- Shake and turn into a large, clear glass punchbowl, adjusting to your taste (these are the recommended quantities for five people).
Salmon and crème fraîche canapés
350ml crème fraîche
300g smoked salmon
- Cut the smoked salmon into small pieces and finely chop the dill.
- Mix both together with the crème fraiche, then place atop the crisp
600g cod fillets
3 spring onions
- Finely slice the spring onions and parsley. Break up the cod fillets and mix with the eggs, cream, chopped spring onions and parsley. Add a squeeze of lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Squash everything together, forming small balls, and fry in a pan, over a medium heat, until brown on each side.
700g large potatoes
600ml milk and/or cream
Small tin of anchovies
Handful of breadcrumbs
- Cut the potatoes into thin strips, then place on a baking sheet for 20 mins at 200C. Finely slice the onions.
- In a saucepan, melt a large tablespoon of butter, then add the sliced onions. When soft, add the cooked potatoes, take the pan off the heat and mix until combined.
- In a medium baking dish, layer the potatoes and anchovies with the milk mixture. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper, and return to the 200C oven, baking for 45-50 mins.
200g cream cheese
100g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and crush the biscuits with a rolling pin. Combine both and squash the mixture into the bottom of a springform tin, placing in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Place this mixture atop the base and return to the fridge for 5 hours.
- Before serving, quarter the figs and place atop the cheesecake, drizzling over the honey to decorate.
This article has also been published in Nordic Style Magazine.